Skip to main content

Story how I start to love baking bread

Hallo, Readers...

Here am I, why I choose baking bread. Pretty easy because I love to eat bread... yes, it is... but but... the story behind my passion is my husband loves to eat bread. He is the one introducing me different kind of breads in this world.

I am borned in Indonesia, asian root.. What I know about bread.. it is just a simple toast bread and different kind of rolls. As I work in the hotel industry, I see many more types of breads. I start to love eating more breads..

Short stories.. After marriage, I start to learn cooking and baking with my mother in law. I start to love it, it is not easy but I have to learn it. There is no elevator to success.
Because of my husband job, on July 2015 we moved to Accra, west Africa. Here it was very difficult to get good crusty bread. Then he came out with ideas why don't you learn to bake bread while I did not work in the mean time. So I grabbed my tabs and started to search and learn how to bake bread from youtube and google. It is very interesting, much information.



I got to find the local flour in Accra. The imported flour is pretty expensive for my trial baking. It was not worthed to buy if I never baked. It will just waste money. I used the local soft wheat flour and hard wheat flour.

I started to make my own sourdough starter. It was fail at the first time. After some trials and errors, I got it right and it made me really happy. Then, I started to make doughs... it was sticky, I kneaded until I sweated, I did not have any idea how should it be, I baked it. It came out soft, not really good basically.. I kept trying trying until I got it right. Day by day, search google and youtube and keep learning until now.

Now I am very happy with my hobby. I have tried to make different sourdough in four different countries. It worked out just with the local flours.

Now in this blog, I will start to share with you all my baking stories and recipes.

This was my first bread which was success that I baked in Accra.. it was chewwy and good crust outside but still need to improve..

Comments

  1. It was a great story. Keep it up your passion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Martabak using sourdough starter

Martabak Murtabak or martabak is a stuffed pancake or pan-fried bread which is commonly found in Saudi Arabia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei. (resource:wikipedia.com) The sweet martabak is spread with butter/margarine, sugar, crushed peanuts, chocolate sprinkles, cheese and other toppings. Before serving, the martabak is folded in half, so the toppings get in the middle of martabak.

Sourdough oats bread

Sourdough oats bread The new year 2018 is coming, i have not updated my blog for long time. I have been doing some new metod of baking sourdough bread.

Brötchen - homemade bun

Back to Germany for vacation It is the family bonding time. I love to bake at home. This time, I try to bake Brötchen which is known as bread bun.